Friday, November 12, 2021

What's So Great About Working From Home?

 Pros:

  • Using your own bathroom
  • Eating your own food without having to prepare it and pack it for lunch
  • Your pets don't miss you
  • Your spouse (who is home) doesn't miss you
  • No commute
  • No co-workers to infect you with all sorts of things, including Covid-19
  • Using your own desk and setting it up as you see fit

Cons:

  • Cabin fever
  • No co-workers to commiserate with, share gossip or talk about the latest TV show, music, or movies
  • Zoom/Google Meet/Microsoft Teams

So, why do I sometimes miss working in an office? The pros clearly outweigh the cons, especially for me, an introvert. I think it's more nostalgia than anything. I have worked in several hospitals in my life and have always enjoyed that atmosphere. It's good to see acquaintances in the halls, fun to be able to leave the office or clinic to go grab a coffee, or even to spend good money on cafeteria food. You read that right. Most hospitals I've worked in do a great job providing meals for the staff. 

In other job settings, there were usually a few co-workers to have a laugh with now and then and as long as I had a supervisor who didn't micromanage, all usually went well. 

I am mostly happy working from home, but I do miss the work-life before 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's So Great About Working From Home?

 Pros: Using your own bathroom Eating your own food without having to prepare it and pack it for lunch Your pets don't miss you You...